This three-day course teaches practical Passive House building techniques and theory about this high-performance building standard.
This course includes in-class lectures and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House elements relevant to the Canadian construction industry.
The following topics will be covered:
· Passive House criteria and principles
· Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
· Introduction to Passive House design tools (e.g. PHPP)
· Construction process and quality assurance
· Thermal insulation
· Thermal bridge-free construction
· Windows and airtightness
· Ventilation and heat supply
· Building envelope specialization
Please note: This course teaches the skills and knowledge required for the Certified Passive House Tradesperson - Building Envelope Specialization exam. A separate content review will be offered for participants who are interested in writing the exam.
*VIU faculty/employee/student discount tickets available - please email us your valid employee ID after purchase.
- Tradespeople, site supervisors and general contractors who will be involved in the construction of Passive House building.
- It may also be of interest to designers, architects, architectural technologists and developers. All theoretical components of this course are covered in 120A: Passive House Design & Construction.
Participants should have prior knowledge/experience in the construction industry or related fields.
Total learning hours: 24
BC Housing (HPO): 24 CPD points