The Passive House Designer/Consultant Exam is challenging, even for experienced architects and building professionals, so thorough preparation is essential. This online exam preparation course is specifically designed for those who have completed courses 120A and 120B (or equivalent), and who wish to write the exam to become a Certified Passive House professional. It gives participants the tools required to write a successful test.
The module is self-paced and provides slides, exercises and feedback on a submitted design exercise. Topics covered in this module include:
- Energy balance calculations
- Insulated opaque envelope
- Air tightness
- Thermal bridging
- Mechanical ventilation
- Passive House design exercise
*Please allow at least two weeks prior to the exam to register for the online module to ensure you have enough time to complete the exercises and receive feedback. We recommend beginning the online module after the completion of 120A.*
Note: The in-class and online exam preparation modules both review the exam topics but contain different example test questions and exercises. Past participants have found it beneficial to complete both the online and in-class exam preparation courses, though this is not required. The in-class exam preparation course requires separate registration (please see course calendar for details).
- Anyone pursuing the Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant designation
Prerequisites/required knowledge and equipment/software
- 120A: Passive House Design and Construction, or equivalent
- 120B: Understanding and Working with the Passive House Planning Package, or equivalent
- Calculator, notebook, pens, ruler
- Please note that PHI now requires examinees to supply a valid PHPP registration number when writing the exam. PHPP can be purchased on our website here. Please allow at least 1 week for shipping.
Access Period and Extending Access
Your access to this module is valid between August 1, 2018 and October 6, 2018. The design activity assignment is due by September 28, 2018. Should you find yourself unable to attend the October 6, 2018 exam, you can re-register for the online module at a reduced rate. See re-register ticket information on a future offering of this module. If you plan to write a later exam, please register for the online module leading up to that exam.
Cancelation and Refund Policy