Mon, Sep 14, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT
Tue, Sep 15, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT
Wed, Sep 16, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT
The Passive House Designer/Consultant Exam is challenging, even for experienced architects and building professionals, so thorough preparation is essential. This two-day exam preparation course is specifically designed for those who have completed courses 120A and 120B (or equivalent), and who wish to write the exam to become a Certified Passive House professional. It gives participants the tools required to write a successful test.
Overviews of each topic that could potentially be tested in the exam will be presented and participants will be able to complete example test questions, including a design exercise, and will learn to identify common mistakes and discuss exam time management.
- Insulation and airtightness
- Thermal bridging
- Passive House design exercise
- Ventilation and heating
- Cumulative exercises and common mistakes
- Exam day: overview and tips
- Anyone pursuing the Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant designation
Learning resources provided
Digital copy of course slides
The instructor for this course will be Cillian Collins
Prerequisites / required knowledge and equipment/software
- 120A: Passive House Design and Construction, or equivalent
- 120B: Understanding and Working with the Passive House Planning Package, or equivalent
- Calculator, notebook, pens, ruler
- Please note that PHI now requires examinees to supply a valid PHPP registration number when writing the exam. PHPP can be purchased on our website here. Please allow at least 1 week for shipping.
*You can re-register for 120C at a special price of $200 if you have already completed the course in the past. Please email email@example.com to obtain the discount code.
At Passive House Canada we are committed to supporting our community in a number of ways. As a potential course participant, you might qualify for government funding that could be applied to any of our courses and the certification exam. Please consult the links here to find out more about funding available in the province you live in.
Total number of learning hours: 12
BC Housing (HPO):12 CPD Informal
AIBC: 11.25 Core Learning Units (based on attendance of live course)
ALBNL: 11.25 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)
AANB: 11.25 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)
NSAA : 11.25 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)
AAA webinar credits: self-reported
APEG credits: self-reported
ARIDO credits: self-reported
OPPI credits: self-reported
EGBC credits: self-reported