The Passive House Designer/Consultant Exam is challenging, even for experienced architects and building professionals, so thorough preparation is essential. This two-day exam preparation course is specifically designed for those who have completed courses 120A and 120B (or equivalent), and who wish to write the exam to become a Certified Passive House professional. It gives participants the tools required to write a successful test.
Overviews of each topic that could potentially be tested in the exam will be presented and participants will be able to complete example test questions, including a design exercise, and will learn to identify common mistakes and discuss exam time management.
Note: The in-class and online exam preparation modules both review the exam material but contain different example test questions and exercises. Past participants have found it beneficial to complete both the online and in-class exam preparation courses, though this is not required. The online module requires separate registration. We recommend beginning the online module after the completion of 120A.
- Insulation and airtightness
- Thermal bridging
- Passive House design exercise
- Ventilation and heating
- Cumulative exercises and common mistakes
- Exam day: overview and tips
- Anyone pursuing the Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant designation
Learning resources provided
Digital copy of course slides
Prerequisites / required knowledge and equipment/software
- 120A: Passive House Design and Construction, or equivalent
- 120B: Understanding and Working with the Passive House Planning Package, or equivalent
- Calculator, notebook, pens, ruler
- Please note that PHI now requires examinees to supply a valid PHPP registration number when writing the exam. PHPP can be purchased on our website here. Please allow at least 1 week for shipping.
Total number of learning hours: 14
BC Housing (HPO) Training Hours: 14
AIBC core learning units: 13